Sunday, October 19, 2008

Politics

Ok I didn't want to talk about politics but the fact is how can I not with it being in my face. On the news, on the web, on people's yards, on their cars, in my mail, everywhere! I'm a registered democrat however that doesn't mean I would vote that way blindly. I do agree with some things and not with others but I'm pro choice and pro marriage for gays/lesbians. It bothers me that republicans are so against gay/lesbians that they have Prop 8 to stop what has already been ok'd by the state. Get over it and spend your money else where, outside of other people's private lives. What a sad life they must live to put so much energy and money into stopping others people's right to marry. Why do you think you have the right to tell someone else if they can or can not marry. They aren't children, criminals or sociopaths but men and women who love each other. They didn't chose their sexual orientation, just like their sex, race, or color. So why is it they cannot choose to marry the man or woman they love because they are the same sex. It is not ok, there was time in American history where men and women of different races were not allowed to marry, that people of color were not allowed to own propriety/land and where women were not able to vote. It is time to move forward not back and we shouldn't take the rights away of gay/lesbian couples to marry.

1 comment:

KP said...

I agree with you completely on this issue. No on pro 8!!