Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sleep

I haven't been able to sleep, well less than usual but this time because my mind has been "on". You know the constant thoughts and ideas that go on in your head even when you want to turn it off to sleep. But no sleep just more ideas and thoughts..I can hear the rusty gears slowly cranking in motion, evidently the little bit of reading I accomplished has set the gears in motion. Good grief what did I start? I mean it's good I'm using my mind a bit more but I need sleep, ok I haven't had good restful sleep in awhile but sleep neverless. So last night I fell asleep at a decent hour 1145, but I woke up from a dream and I couldn't get back to sleep.

I had so many things I wanted to write about, but today nothing..blah..my mind is a black hole. All that kept me awake has slipped into the dark pit and I have no recollection of what kept me awake all night! Old age, brain fart, or motherhood, not cool. I thought maybe if I wrote it all down I would be able to sleep tonight, maybe I need to get up and write it all down while it’s still fresh in my mind.

1 comment:

KP said...

Again, with our parallel lives! I have been addicted to Sleep MD lately. Its supposed to be all natural, but it has been working. And I have tried pretty much everything over the counter from Tylenol PM to melatonin and tryptophan.
I know what you mean about your brain being on. I wish mine would shut the hell up once in a while. I hope writing this enabled you to get some sleep. I also hope you have had a chance to wean your daughter out of your bed.