Thursday, January 15, 2009

Keeping Busy

I've been keeping busy this week by organizing all the closets. On Monday I only intended to clean out and reorganize the front closet, then I had to put something in my son's closet and I saw disaster! Holy shit this boy is a pack rat, keeping all the bags and packaging..WTF! Is it too hard to remove the item out of the bag/box and put it away, not stuff the shit back in a bag and throw it in the closet. It became an all day project but I did both of them and I felt so accomplished.

Yesterday the closet organizers I ordered for baby girl's room came so I installed the new organizer in her closet. But I had to first take out all the stuff that was in there (including my clothes) and then remove the standard closet. Much easier said than done, let's say I worked up a sweat taking it all out and then trying to find wall studs to install the new system. It took me 9 hours and I still wasn't finished putting everything away. I had to separate all her baby toys from stuff she uses now, I've got 3 big garbage bags full of clothes and toys. It's amazing how much shit a four year old has, and this isn't the first time I've cleaned her stuff out!

Today I finished putting all her shit away, looks damn good but it was a lot of work. I threatened her she better keep her room the way I left it (yeah right, I've had this conversation with my son and her many times before) I will be surprised if it lasts for a week. Being the resourceful woman I'am I took her old shelf and hung it my closet. It was good that I didn't have to take anything off but it was hard since I was hanging the shelf on top of the existing shelf.

I don't understand why they make such shitty closet designs, there is like 6 feet of space above the shelf. So much wasted storage, the organizer I ordered was actually too short for my closet so I will redo the office closet tomorrow. I feel accomplished however I need baskets and such to make things look neater and nicer..sounds funny you gotta buy more crap to organize the crap you already have!

I'm tired but content, the weeks gone by fast since I've been keeping busy. I was worried since on Tuesday I wasn't able to sleep and tossed and turn all night. Luckily last night I slept and I've got a feeling I will too tonight, keeping busy is good.

No comments: