Monday, January 31, 2011

Being Present

It seems so obvious and simple that it is completely missed and over looked. That being in the present and not looking forward or back is the key to contentment. I realize being present in the right now is so difficult for me to do. My mind is usually occupied with things in the past or looking into the future when today passes me by and I wonder where it went. This has been my life for the past 6 years, always regret for one thing or another, always envying other people's lives, wanting what I think they have, not appreciating what I have, not being present in my life, finding excuses for why I do not. So it stops now, I know what is good for me and I know when I'm falling into the pit of darkness. Instead of falling I need to reach out and grab hold of the supports that are within my reach. I need to grab with my hands and pull myself out, instead of watching myself sink within the fog. It's time I fought instead of going down passively. So I live in the present, being aware of the right now and when my emotions and mind float away call it out for what it is and not go away with it. Iam not my emotions or thoughts, they are only a reaction to my fears and doubts, not the person Iam.

No comments: