Friday, February 27, 2009

Music

I have forgotten how much I love music, they way it sooths me, the way the words express what is in my soul. It seems I had lost all aspects of my being including the emotions I feel from music. Currently I'm listening to my collection of music on my laptop and can't understand why I didn't turn on the volume and push play. Yes I'm enjoying music again...I feel alive, I feel happy. Listening to the music I want to dance, my body moves, I sway, my legs tap...I'm singing.

Being depressed really did suck out every aspect of my life. It seems strange but your are a prisoner in your own body, where you cannot control the deep darkness that grabs a hold of you, the energy and life leaves you deflated and hopeless. But you know you shouldn't feel this way but no matter how hard you try to pull yourself out of the darkness its useless. It is a scary place to be full of uncertainty and pain. You feel pathetic for feeling this way but you cannot change it...you do try but it doesn't go away only when it is ready to. I don't know if my grief ran its natural course or its the vitamins I'm taking but I'm back. I don't want to say all is well but I've felt happy, real joy and I laughed. It's been slow but this entire week I've felt happiness....yes real happiness where I feel it through out my entire body. Something I haven't felt in a very long time. I'm happy.

3 comments:

rosieyatch said...

being depressed really does make you feel as though you are captive. i'm glad though that i'm able to get out of those ruts. i don't know what i'd do if i couldn't.

KP said...

What kind of vitamins are you taking? I want some happy vitamins!!:)

imworkingfromtheinsideout said...

I've been taking Sam-E for the last 5-6 months and also some powder vitamins. SIL mentioned to me a friend of hers was gaining weight and tired all the time and it turned out she was low on vitamin B's...she started taking it and felt bettter. So I first tried Emergen"C' vitamin and now ZippFizz (from costco). I never could take vitamins before because I would feel sick but taking this stuff has been good so far. It's like airborne but more. I don't think its one thing or another but everything...paying attention to what I need and doing something about it. Besides making up in my mind that I didn't want to keep on giving when I had nothing left to give and also not repeating the same mistakes my parents did, sacrificing their kids and each other for the extended family. I don't want to be angry or hurt anymore but give myself a chance.