Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Don't say it out loud!

Well does it always seem like whenever you say something out loud it comes true, that you or someone else will "jinks" your luck. That whatever you comment on how well you are doing...etc. will then turn for the worst. That seems to be the case this year and it's only started. First with the hubby's car breaking down right after he and his Uncle had a conversation of how old it was and how it was running. As soon as we return and he drives it to work it breaks down...sigh. Just my last post about about the neediness of others and how I'm burnt out from it all...well I could have just ate my words. Turns out the brother took part in taking care of our mother and he took her to LA.

Of course that made me feel guilty but at the same time it wasn't like I was telling anyone just posting it on the for the whole world to see. Just venting as I need too know. So what is it with older Korean people with faking how they are doing to get attention from their children? I mean I used to see it all the time with my grandmother, Aunt and even my dad but now my mom has caught on to the old lady train! At first I believed her low and weak voice was true in that she was ill but then I saw her in action right in front of me. There she was fine, laughing feeling much better than when she arrived but as soon as she answered the phone to talk to my brother her voice dropped like 5 decimals and she sounded so faint and weak!

I couldn't believe my ears...my mom was becoming the little old lady who was seeking out sympathy and attention from her children! Gawd when did she get so old?!! I thought it was funny until today when she called me and used her "sick phone voice" but it didn't amuse me but pissed me off. I had seen this role a hundred times before with my Aunt but not her. I guess it pissed me off because she was faking it to get attention. I know she is and has been sick but to over play it like that is sad. But more than that is my reaction to her...she pisses me off. I guess I'm tired of being her savior of everything while she only listens and chooses on what she wants to do. I guess I'm not a big fan of playing victim but that on being proactive and changing your life if you are unhappy.

These old ladies do not change anything only bitch and moan and then play martyr

No comments: